Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Can you change the owner of a device Group

Jump to solution

Running 10.11.02 on Linux

Is there a way to change the owner of a device group from one user to another?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Can you change the owner of a device Group

Jump to solution

Hi @iamnoone,

you can edit the Device Groups on NA WebUI > Devices > Groups > scroll to the device group and you will see the edit link

2017-06-28_8-16-50.jpg

there you will have a scroll down list of users and you can select the one that you wish to assign to,

2017-06-28_8-16-10.jpg

upon save, you will see the owner has changed:

2017-06-28_8-19-02.jpg

BR,

Pedro A. Batista
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the THUMB at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @iamnoone,

you can edit the Device Groups on NA WebUI > Devices > Groups > scroll to the device group and you will see the edit link

2017-06-28_8-16-50.jpg

there you will have a scroll down list of users and you can select the one that you wish to assign to,

2017-06-28_8-16-10.jpg

upon save, you will see the owner has changed:

2017-06-28_8-19-02.jpg

BR,

Pedro A. Batista

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the THUMB at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

is there and admin setting that enables that field.  

It is not visible on my "edit group" page.Untitled.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@iamnoone,

that's a Parent Group, Parent groups are public and can't be assigned to a user, besides who created them,

SharingThis is a parent group. Parent groups are always public.

2017-06-28_17-55-39.jpg

only Children groups could have owners switch, and when a group is assigned to a parent group it automatically gets the same owner:

SharingThis group has a parent. Groups that are part of the group hierarchy are always public.

2017-06-28_17-57-00.jpg

BR.

Pedro A. Batista

Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution

Have you tried changing the group owner from the DB? This would be another alternative

It is most likely that device group you selected was created by an admin user (as regular user is not allowed to do and have modified permissions),  basically  we need to assign the device group to the owner so the user can be freely operated on the group in case they need to delete or modify the device group settings.

we must take into account to have the necessary permissions

This task currently must be done from the GUI by an admin user as my Co-Worker specified on their input.

Also I have confirmed in our acknolage base and recent ER's, now we are not able do this through CLI command.

CPE are still working to have this option available on future version 10.xx. (several changes in API modules).

The process that I used is to create the group and assign devices both via the CLI or through webUI, but then I have to go into the UI to change the owner, make it public, and place it in the correct parent group (once placed in a parent group, the owner can't be changed either - we talked this point through, and there are probably some significant underlying issues around that kind of enhancement.)  

These are those types of problems that we must verify and evaluate on our side what is the customer's need and its specific need.

I hope the information is helpful.

Christian Henríquez M
Software Support L3 Engineer
Micro-Focus
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks to those who responded!!

Turns out the real problem was the person behind the keyboard (namely me).

Highlighted

Jump to solution

It happens, do not worry, we're here to help.

I'm glad we were able to help with your inquiry

Christian Henríquez M
Software Support L3 Engineer
Micro-Focus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.