Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Cisco NX-OS - How can I ensure disabled ports are placed in a specified, unused, vlan?

Start block: ^interface Eth.*

End block: interface mgmt0

Not sure how I can go about these types of queries. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi;

Thank you for using the Forums!

If I understand your question correctly, what you want to do is to create a configuration policy with a rule that includes the start and stop block characters you indicated below.

You can then create an event that is activated on a Policy non-compliance "when the following events occur".   You would select the policy (for selected policies:) which should show up in the window. 

This event should  run a task (to take this action:) that would run a command script to ensure that the ports were set how you want them.

I hope that this helps..   Please feel free to re-post if you need more information.

Joe

Online outReach Resource
HP Support

The views and opinions expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Joe,

Thank  you for your reply. 

We do not want to remidiate a finding at this time.  We want to verify that all ports which are administratively shutdown are configured for a predetermined vlan. Ports that are up can be configured to other vlans. NX-OS doesn't have a shutdown command in the config.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI;

I did some testing and still am unsure of what your expectation is.

In your first post, you defined a start block of ^interface Eth.* and a end block of interface mgmt0.   In my device, that's a pretty big block.  You talks about vlans..  so you're looking for downed interfaces that are assigned to a specific switchport? 

If that is the case, then we're still talking about a configuration policy.  You'll have to set up the condition in the policy rule and use the configuration block feature to define your limits, then identify the condition that you are looking for. 

You can then do the check configuration policy against that group or specific devices.  This will provide a list of devices that meet your criteria.  Then you can convert that to a report or excel report.

I hope that helps. 

Joe

Online outReach Resource
HP Support

The views and opinions expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.