Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Connecting to devices on different tcp port (SSH protocol)

Hi,

It doesn't look like it, but can HP-NA be customized to connect to client-devices (eg. during a initial discovery) using SSH but then on port ... let's say 3005 ? In stead of the default 22 ? It sure cannot be done in the GUI, but perhaps some "under-the-hood" properties file can be adapted ?

But ... this is only for a set (+- 160) devices we are looking to integrate. Other thousands of devices must keep using the good 'old standard TCP/22 for SSH connections.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

May not be following your question, but figured I'd mention this hoping it'd help:

If your ~160 devices use the same password rule (or could), you could set a device access setting.  Edit the rule, click on  show device access settings, click on one of the drop down boxes, pick ssh port and set your port.  I "think" this will get NA to connect to a device using your specified port.  

So, as an exmaple, I set it to 1234:

Connect - Attempting connection via SSH to 10.14.3.2 (port 1234)
Error: Failed to connect via SSH to 10.14.3.2 on port 1234 Connection refused.

It's going to fail for me, as the device wouldn't expect it, but just shows what I think you're looking for.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thanks Chris, indeed what I was looking for!

I'm hoping to test this 1 of these days, but it looks promising for sure.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.