Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commander Commander
Commander

DatabaseDataMonitor Service is not comming up.

Hello Experts,

I am facing DatabaseDataMonitor Service problem since I last rebotted NA server as users were facing application slowness issue. The service didnt came up and in details it shows following text:

Could not find a reporting task

Can anyone help me why I am facing this problem ? Also, I wanted to know how many users can simuntaneously work on NA console for configuration deployment and not face any application slowness issue.

Thanks in advance.

Avi Mehenwal 

P.S. This post and replies have been splitted off from other thread in Network Automation Support and News Forum.
- Hp Forum Moderator

0 Likes
4 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

The error you are seeing is just a warning in fact. You are missing from the scheduled tasks a Generate Summary REport task (to re-occur daily).

Please add it as follows:

1. Reports > Reporting Tasks > Generate Summary Report (reoccurring options: Daily, Start at : your preferred time)

2. Rerun the monitor.

The performance issue is not related to the error you are seeing. There are a number of possible issues.

Please open a case with HP NA support to review your system/logs/DB and further investigate slowness issues.

Kind regards,

Marius

Marius Herculea
HP SW Technical Consultant

Cloud and Automation Professional Services

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Generate new summary reporting Task cleared the warning.

Thanks again Marius.

Just wanted to know NA app can handle upto how many concurrent configuration management users ? Is there any recommened no. of safe user limit for NA single core deployment on windows server ?

Cheers,
Avi Mehenwal
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Avi;

I did not see that there was a reply to this question and I wanted to make sure that you had your question answered.

To simply answer your question, there is no specific limitation in the number of users that a system can support.   It depends on a variety of environmental and applications variables that are put into place, such as size of memory, how much java memory is allocated, the number of concurrent tasks that are set in the application.   It really is a function of overall tuning. 

There are some resources that are available to you to help in determining how to size different aspects of Network Automation (NA).  Primarily, we have a document that can be found on the SSO called "NA Support Matrix"..   In NA Version 9.22, we've expanded this document to include a Tuning section.  This section makes recommendations based on testing different sized environments in our labs.    This document can be found at http://support.openview.hp.com.

I hope that this helps answer your question.

Joe

Online outReach Resource
HP Support

The views and opinions expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Commander Commander
Commander

Thanks a lot Joe for making it to answer my query 🙂

Appretiate that !

Yes, I got my answer. Scalability depends on workload shared by NA on computer resources.

Thanks again !

Avi Mehenwal

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.