Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Disable autostart of NA

Jump to solution

As per my other threads, I'm working on setting up DR for NA 10.40.

Pg 287 of the "Network_Automation_10.40_Administer.pdf"  Task 1 substep 2 says :

2. Optional. Consider the risk that if the primary location is not accessible during switchover to the disaster recovery location, the NA cores in the primary location cannot be deactivated. In this case, two NA cores (one each in the primary and disaster recovery locations) might run the same task. To mitigate this risk, on each NA server in the primary location, disable automatic starting of the NAservices.

Pg 92 of the "Network_Automation_10.40_Administer.pdf" says:

To disable autostart for Linux you do:

mv /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S99truecontrol /etc/S99truecontrol

I've done that on the server but when I reboot, NA still keeps starting.  I've checked the /opt/NA/server/log dir but can't find anything.  Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

wbrunc

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
OK, if you do this, what do you see:
ls -ltr /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S99truecontrol

What if you do:
ls -ltr /etc/S99truecontrol

Lastly, do this:
find /etc -name S*truecontrol

I think you'll find another file, perhaps in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/

One last thing, just remember that whatever you do here, you'll have to remember to undo when you want to switch over. Sounds simple, but as the great philosopher Mike Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." Either document your steps or create a script, but make sure this is a known requirement, so when things get a bit crazy, you'll be OK.

Hope this helps,
Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.
OK, if you do this, what do you see:
ls -ltr /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S99truecontrol

What if you do:
ls -ltr /etc/S99truecontrol

Lastly, do this:
find /etc -name S*truecontrol

I think you'll find another file, perhaps in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/

One last thing, just remember that whatever you do here, you'll have to remember to undo when you want to switch over. Sounds simple, but as the great philosopher Mike Tyson once said, "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." Either document your steps or create a script, but make sure this is a known requirement, so when things get a bit crazy, you'll be OK.

Hope this helps,
Chris

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

That was it. I should've remembered  to do a "find" :

[root@pa1 /]# find . -name "*truecontrol*" -print
./etc/rc.d/init.d/truecontrol
./etc/rc.d/rc0.d/K99truecontrol
./etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S99truecontrol ***************************

[root@pa1 /]# cd ./etc/rc.d/rc3.d/
[root@pa1 rc3.d]# mv S99truecontrol s99truecontrol      - Fixed it this way.

Thanks,

wbrunc

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.