Commander Commander
Commander

Failed Snapshot

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have one device inside NA that only twice took a snapshot, but  then began to fail, throw me the next message:

I deleted the device and added again,  but is the same thing, only took twice snapshots and throw the message.

I want to Know if can you help me? or Know Which is the cause of this situation?

It is an Cisco nexus9000, i think is not a problem of the device, but all is posible.

Regards,

Regards,

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Maybe something different, but I've had this or similar issue, I've found that the managed IP Address that was formerly used was changed to "no".  Can you check a device / Edit / Edit Managed IP Addresses..  I just tested this out (set managed IP address to "no" on test device, ran snapshot and got:

Task did not complete.  No connnection is available for tftp.server.snmp connection because device access for available connection paths are set to "No", or the protocol is not supported.  

Flipped it back to "Yes" and snapstot was able to run fine.

Slightly different message, but may be same issue.

Hope this helps,

Chris 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

We need to check the session log, check if you have errors check jboss wrapper log, so is not easy to say it is failing for specific issue.  I would recommend you to open a support case and upload the session logs with jboss_wrapper.log.

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Sorry, I forgot write the message:

6/01/08 12:06:08 INFO  [STDOUT] <b>Connect</b> - Failed
2016/01/08 12:06:08 INFO  [STDOUT] No connection is available for genericscript connection because device access for available connection paths are set to 'No', or the protocol is not supported.
2016/01/08 12:06:08 INFO  [STDOUT]
2016/01/08 12:06:08 INFO  [STDOUT]

It is from jboss_wrapper.log.

Thanks for your answer,

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

you check if the protocols you set for device access are available on device?

Please open a support case to check more details. 

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

In addition to Michael's suggestion about which type of device protocols are enbabled for the device, I have two question:  what type of device is it and what is the HPNA Driver Pack version?

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Hello,

Please check if you still have the IP address filled in Network Automation for this device. In order to check this, you can go to the device on which you experience the issue, here go to Edit -> Edit Managed IP addresses.

Please let us know if you have any IP filled in on this page, and what driver Pack are you using.

Kind Regards,

Marius

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

The below error is also frequently observed by us in our environment as well.

"No connection is available for genericscript connection because device access for available connection paths are set to 'No', or the protocol is not supported. "

Eventhough there is no change in protocol setting in NA, we are getting this error for few devices...

Raising a support case solved the issue, we applied a patch provided by HP team...  It worked.

Thanks,

Harry

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Maybe something different, but I've had this or similar issue, I've found that the managed IP Address that was formerly used was changed to "no".  Can you check a device / Edit / Edit Managed IP Addresses..  I just tested this out (set managed IP address to "no" on test device, ran snapshot and got:

Task did not complete.  No connnection is available for tftp.server.snmp connection because device access for available connection paths are set to "No", or the protocol is not supported.  

Flipped it back to "Yes" and snapstot was able to run fine.

Slightly different message, but may be same issue.

Hope this helps,

Chris 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Got it Chris,

In our environment we have a hostname with 2 entries, one is inactive, i think this inactive device IP is causing issue.

What is the best option

-To remove inactive IP entries

-Update access to know in Managed IP addresses..

The reason we are keeping inactive devices are for old configs, as the devices are upgraded to new.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.