Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Failed to Deploy Satellite Agent deploy

Jump to solution

My pre-prod environment was just upgraded to NA 2018.05 and core gateways installed fine.

Installed the remote satellite and it too was fine. However, when I attempt to deploy the remote agent I get:

Network Automation: Task Information

Failed to Deploy Network Automation Satellite Agent

Set timeout: 30s null
Connect - Attempting connection via SSH to 10.10.186.104 [in Realm remoteRealm]
Error: Failed to connect via SSH to 10.10.186.104 [in realm remoteRealm] on port 22. Proxy tunnel setup failed: HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden

I can ssh just fine to it from both cores (HS). Running RHEL 7.2 and root is allowed ssh access in sshd_config.
No patches have been applied to NA 2018.05 yet.
Alan
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Failed to Deploy Satellite Agent deploy

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharp_2,

on the deployment of the agent try using the 127.0.0.1 instead of the one mentioned.

Pedro A. Batista
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the THUMB at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharp_2,

please take a look on these files:

Both Gateways log files:

/var/log/opsware/opswgw-<NAME>/opswgw.log

Satellite Agent log files:

/opt/opsware/nassat/server/log/*.log

/opt/opsware/nassat/server/ext/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

they should shed some ligth on what could be happening that error means that the tunnel was not establish correctly.

Pedro A. Batista

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the THUMB at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Been awhile since I've worked with these, so maybe not that helpful, but couple ideas.

1) Do you have multiple satellites?  Just curious if this one is failing but others work?  

2) Have you tried to deploy from another core?  Can't recall if you have to deploy from say Core1 but just curious.  

3) Can you turn up logging on both ends - curious if it is getting in but script failing, files not able to go across, etc.?  

Since you can log in yourself, makes me wonder if it's getting in but not able to do the setup...

Hope this helps

Chris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I have a feeling I skipped the certificate re-import after the upgrade from 10.50 to 2012.05

When I attempted to go to https://x.x.x.x:9090/ I gave it the locally stored certificate from 10.50 and it failed to accept it.

Going to go back and do the certificate re-import - this would explain it. I'll post my findings soon.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

With over 15 hours of troubleshooting this I have decided to re-build. Going back to a fresh install of 10.40 HS with an additional satellite as a remote gateway. Once that is working 100% then I will be upgrading to 10.50 across all components.

Something went wrong with SSL and/or certs and I'm fine with walking away from whatever caused the problems. If this happens again I will have meticulous notes documenting each step so I will know when and where it broke. 

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Okay I have completed a perfect 10.40 HS build with a remote GW and still fail to deploy the Remote Agent.

Again, it is hung up on Caused by: java.io.IOException: HttpsConnection: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

The satellite component is version:

saOPSWgw-65.0.71467.0-installer-RedHat-or-Oracle-Linux-7SERVER-X86_64

Core GW's all installed fine. I swear I have installed previous versions (10.00 & 10.10) more than 30 times successfully and never had this kind of grief.

I have an open ticket with support that I am about to update with this info as well.

See attached PDF for my details.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharp_2,

on the deployment of the agent try using the 127.0.0.1 instead of the one mentioned.

Pedro A. Batista

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

also @Sharp_2,

if you need to share information please send me a private message the attached PDF has some confidential information.

Pedro A. Batista

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

That was it. Thanks Pedro!

Alan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.