Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

HP NA v10.11 Getting Error When Trying to SSH to Proxy

We just upgraded from HP NA v9.22 to v10.11. Now when we try to SSH to the Proxy we get:

Key exchange failed. No compatible key exchange method. The server supports these methods: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256
No compatible MAC. The server supports these MACs: hmac-sha256,hmac-sha2-256,hmac-sha256@ssh.com

I get the same message when trying my terminal emulator (old version of SecureCRT) and when I try to SSH from a Linux server.

I can successfully SSH to the same server on Port 2022 and log in to a shell prompt. But when I SSH to Port 22 to get to the NA Proxy I get the error. This tells me that the NA application is requiring different key exchange methods and MACs than the server is.

Where can this be configured?

Thank you,
Scott

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP NA v10.11 Getting Error When Trying to SSH to Proxy

Add the following lines to your adjustable_options.rcx and restart HPNA. You can find this in one of the documents, Upgrade HPNA or Admin, under troubleshooting session.  Good luck:

<array name="crypto/fips/mac_list">

<value>hmac-sha1</value>

<value>hmac-sha1-96</value>

<value>hmac-sha2-256</value>

<value>hmac-sha256</value>

<value>hmac-sha256</value>

<value>hmac-sha256@ssh.com</value>

</array>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.