UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

HPNA Modify - Expect Timeout setting

Jump to solution

Is there a global setting that lets me modify the pattern timeout?

I get this error when waiting for the login in prompt on my network devices (some of my devices we need to wait up to 30 seconds to get a prompt)

This task did not complete. ExpectTimeout: Timeout expecting pattern [(Login invalid|Bad password|Authentication failed|Access denied),(password:|passcode:|Password-local:|pwd?:),(ser[nN]ame:|login:|login as:|user name|User:),#\s*$,(myuser|mypassword)>,>\s*$,(\S+)\s+(Enter \S+ .* to exit this menu|Quit This Menu|EXIT MENU|to Exit this menu|Exit this menu|Go to),] Current timeout setting: 10 seconds

I changed the telnet and SSH login timeouts but this doesn't seem to impact it.

The "Pattern Timeout" in "Configuration Policy Verification is set to 30 seconds by default and doesn't seem to impact this timeout as well.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Long timeout is used for other type of commands  like copy ios image.

Try modifying the  standard timeout.

Marius Herculea
HP SW Technical Consultant

Cloud and Automation Professional Services

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Henry

You can try to change it from

Device Password Rules >Your password rule > Device Access Settings > Standard Timeout : 30

Or the same, in device specific password rule in Edit Device page

Cheers,

Marius Herculea

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

I tried changing the device password rule to "Long Timeout" of 60 seconds.

I still get the same 10 second timeout for the pattern match.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Long timeout is used for other type of commands  like copy ios image.

Try modifying the  standard timeout.

Marius Herculea

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.