Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

HPNA Soap API - list policies

Jump to solution

I am using HPNA soap API to run the list policies command.

However, I am getting below error:

NA>list policies
GEN_FAILURE: You do not have permission for this operation (***missing resource: list policies***).
COMMAND COMPLETED

Can anyone please help what level of access is required to run the command?

I am able to run other list command for e.g. list device, show policy compliance etc.

I've asked the admin to run "list policies" command and he's able to run it, but I cannot get the administrator access.

For me, "list policies" seems a command which shouldn't required adminstrator access.

The version of HPNA we are using is 10.11

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @Swadeep,

i have been searching and it seems that this was a bug that was fixed on 10.11.07, which is the reason it is working on my Test environment.

if you need to know the fix number is this: QCCR1B160598

Pedro A. Batista
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the THUMB at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @Swadeep,

has your user have the "Manage Policy Compliance"?

Pedro A. Batista

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the THUMB at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

also my user has this permissions, and I am in 10.11.07:

role permissions 1.png

role permissions.png

role permissions 2.png

Pedro A. Batista

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Hello @Pedro_B_NA, thanks for your reply.

I've these permissions, including the 4 you mentioned in Policies MGMT.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Anyone has any idea about this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi @Swadeep,

i have been searching and it seems that this was a bug that was fixed on 10.11.07, which is the reason it is working on my Test environment.

if you need to know the fix number is this: QCCR1B160598

Pedro A. Batista

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks. Ya looks like its a bug in version of NA we are using. I'll reach out to my admin team to see what they can do about upgrade. I'll accept this answer.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.