Captain
Captain

HPNA overrides host name

Hi all,

I have a issue with my NA 10.20.

I added some devices with an import, all the devices are referenced in th /etc/hosts file and when I launch the Resolve FQDN Task I get the right host name.

But when I run a Take Snapshot task (or an other similar task), the hosts name is often changed even with the adjustable_option.rcx file modified with the "<option name="FastLookup/Hostname"></option>" line.

Does someone understand where does this behaviour might come ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Under Admin -> Server,

Domain Name Resolution: 

Overwrite Existing Domain Names               [ ] If checked, HPE Network Automation overwrites manual FQDN entries with DNS resolved FQDN entries when you run a Resolve FQDN task. When the task is run,  both the Device Domain Name and the Device Hostname are replaced.

Do you have this checked or unchecked? Toggle the check and run the Resolve FQDN again to see if this fixes your problem.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.