Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to adjust total memory size?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I recently added more RAM to my NA server running on Windows 2008 R2, in case of running low on memory (about 85% used).

The total memory size before the upgrade was 495MB.

So, my wish is to bring the total size up to about 4-6GB. Unfortunately the NA didn't learn himself that more RAM is available now (the system already detected the more available memory).

I searched already through the property files, but I didn't find any appropriate strings in them.

Does anyone know how I can increase the total memory size for the NA application?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Simon

If this post was useful to you, please hit the like button and may accept it as solution. Thank you 🙂

https://anywebtech.wordpress.com/
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

You can increase the java heap size used by updating the jboss_wrapper.conf property file.

NA_install_dir/server/ext/wrapper/conf/jboss_wrapper.conf

You can find

- the java initial memory config line (wrapper.java.initmemory=)

- the java maximum memory config line (wrapper.java.maxmemory=)

Increase the heap so that both values are the same. This is required for contiguous 'fragment' of memory to be allocated.

In version lower than 9.20 you will also find an additional option with the Eden memory size that should be 1/3 of heap

wrapper.java.additional.3=-Xmn...

While this is the information requested I strongly encourage you to open a support case to better assist you in assigning correct values and tune the system. Most of the times we need to take into consideration other parameters aswell.

Kind regards,

Marius

Marius Herculea
HP SW Technical Consultant

Cloud and Automation Professional Services

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

You can increase the java heap size used by updating the jboss_wrapper.conf property file.

NA_install_dir/server/ext/wrapper/conf/jboss_wrapper.conf

You can find

- the java initial memory config line (wrapper.java.initmemory=)

- the java maximum memory config line (wrapper.java.maxmemory=)

Increase the heap so that both values are the same. This is required for contiguous 'fragment' of memory to be allocated.

In version lower than 9.20 you will also find an additional option with the Eden memory size that should be 1/3 of heap

wrapper.java.additional.3=-Xmn...

While this is the information requested I strongly encourage you to open a support case to better assist you in assigning correct values and tune the system. Most of the times we need to take into consideration other parameters aswell.

Kind regards,

Marius

Marius Herculea

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Marius,

many thanks for your help. That brought me exactly that solution I was searching for.

Kindest Regards,

Simon

If this post was useful to you, please hit the like button and may accept it as solution. Thank you 🙂

https://anywebtech.wordpress.com/
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Simon,

I`m glad I could help.

Best regards,

Marius Herculea

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.