Commander Commander
Commander

How to export Tasks (Parent tasks) scheduled by users on NA 9.1

Hello Exports,

Is there a way in NA v9.1 to export and import User defined Tasks in NA ?

If yes, how ?

Thanks in advance !

-Avi Mehenwal

Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Avi,

So far, there is no UI/API feature to export/import tasks in NA.

Why would you need this feature? Do you have multiple NA environments? What is the business justification for this? 

If so, you can always raise a support case for this enhancement to be implemented. 

Let us know on the above. 

Best regards,

Paul

0 Likes
Commander Commander
Commander

Hi Paul,

I think its a feature of convenience for implementation Engineers !

In my case, my NA was eating up lot of memory recently, and i got to reschedule or remove parent task from concurrent execution list to free up some memory. This feature could helped me there ...
I would have stopped all task waited for some time to get queued task finish and then import back the tasks.

Thanks
Avi Mehenwal
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Avi,

You can always pause/rerun tasks. You can increase Java Heap size and enable the new GC. 

Best regards,

Paul

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello Avi Mehenwal,

If you would like a feature added to NA, you may open a case with NA Support and fill out a Request For Enhancement Form and your feature can be considered in a later release of NA.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Have an Insouciant Day!

--SCRTSRCS
Stuart Sanders
Online Outreach Resource

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Good Morning,

We are emerging from the need to export Scheduled Tasks from a development NA to import them into a new production NA. Do you have any script that does this task? o Is there any other possibility? o Have you already incorporated this functionality?

We decided to develop a script for this work but we do not know how to cover it since we do not see any command of the NA proxy that serves to add TASKS.

It is also not clear to us if the export we think correctly ... we plan to use the "list task" command but it seems that the result is always random.

Our version of NA is 2018.11

Thank you very much in advance.

A cordial greeting,
Alejandro Bolancé.

0 Likes

Hi Team,

As Alejandro´s mentioned, we are in the need of exporting - importing tasks from a legacy environment in v10.10 to the new environment 2018.11.

So far, we tried the commands from the proxy and from the Perl API and the information about the tasks do not seem to be enough.

The other possibility is to go directly to the database but so far I see this risky and not recommended.

Any other idea?

Thanks Team!

Regards,

Ivonne

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.