Haseeb_Ahmad Contributor.
Contributor.

How to restrict users from viewing devices?

I want to restrict users from viewing devices e.g. I have created a partition home, A device group is part of that partition. A corresponding user group is also created, whose default partition is home. A user is assigned to that group.

Now when user is logged on he can view all device in inventory. Whereas I only want him to view his assigned partition devices only.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Chris_Powers Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to restrict users from viewing devices?

This might help:

Go to Admin / User Groups

Edit the user group you want to change (limit)

Scroll down to View Partition Permissions

Select Customized View Permission Role and then make the selection for what you want them to see / access.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.