Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Installing Perl modules on New NA 10 server to support config_export_new.pl script

Jump to solution

Running  ---- HP Network Automation 10.00 64-bit (Build 710-062714)    Linux

attempting the Perl API Auto installer method "   perl client/perl_api/har/install.pl   "  and getting:

# perl client/perl_api/har/install.pl
Can't locate ExtUtils/Install.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/NA/client/perl_api erl_api/har/install.pl line 35.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at client/perl_api/har/install.pl line 35.

The "ExtUtils" directory exists under "/usr/share/perl5"  but does not contain an "Install.pm" file.

The Perl version is:

This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi
Copyright 1987-2009, Larry Wall

any thoughts?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Good Catch,

Now, for your newly encountered issue.

Assuming you`re workgin on RHEL 6.x most likely the issue comes fom interpreting SOAP messages, fosusing on perl-xml-parser 

Try to install/upgrade the perl-XML-Parser.x86_64 module version     *  2.41*  or above (with Perl 5.10.1).

Kind regards,

M

Marius Herculea
HP SW Technical Consultant

Cloud and Automation Professional Services

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

Please share with me the following:

output of linux command:

# find . -name perl

Just as a quick check

In NA > Admin > Admin Settings > Server > Advanced Scripting > Under Scripting Language(Perl). what path you have for your perl interpreter?

Cheers,

Marius

Marius Herculea

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

# find . -name perl
./usr/bin/perl
./usr/libexec/perf-core/scripts/perl

path for perl interpreter in gui is      /usr/bin/perl

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Your request for the settings in the gui led to noticing that "32bit" architecture was selected instead of 64.

I switched it to 64 and the autoinstaller seemed to work!!!!

However when the "config_export_new.pl" script runs I getthe following error:

perl config_export_new.pl -user xxxxx -pass xxxxx -directory /xxxx/xxxxxx

*** NAS(tm) Configuration Export Utility ***

*** error: Can't use string ("1") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at (re_eval 101) line 1.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?><SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><SOAP-ENV:Header/><SOAP-ENV:Body><nas:Result xmlns:nas="http://hp.com/nas/10/g"><nas:Status>200 Logged in</nas:Status><nas:Text>s7864203414759372</nas:Text></nas:Result></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope> at /usr/local/share/perl5/Opsware/NAS/Client.pm line 1007

Did you supply valid arguments?
re-run this script with '--help' for assistance.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Good Catch,

Now, for your newly encountered issue.

Assuming you`re workgin on RHEL 6.x most likely the issue comes fom interpreting SOAP messages, fosusing on perl-xml-parser 

Try to install/upgrade the perl-XML-Parser.x86_64 module version     *  2.41*  or above (with Perl 5.10.1).

Kind regards,

M

Marius Herculea

View solution in original post

Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

My good catch was thanks to your direction!!!

I will attempt install/upgrade the perl-XML-Parser.x86_64 module version     *  2.41*  or above (with Perl 5.10.1)

Is there any reason a script would only run in a 32bit architecture?  (just grasping/attempting to learn)

I'll keep you posted...   Thanks again!!!!

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!!!!

Thank you sooo much !!!

That seemed to do the trick.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Hi all,

I would like to ask if you are experiencing a wrong timestamp after running config_export_new.pl ?

It supposed to be the time when we run the script, right ? My output of the timestamp file is somewhere on Sept 2016

Do you have any idea or advice on this ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.