Commodore Commodore
Commodore

NA 9.1 - Predefined Configuration Change Event Notification

Jump to solution

Looks like i accidentally deleted the out of the box event notification for "Configuration Change"

Is there a way to restore out of the box event notification

Or can someone provide me the out of the box configurations so I can recreate?

I had thought there was an event for "last 24 hours changes", it looks like that selection in reports is different from the daily digest that displays the "diff" of the configuration change

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Recreating the report from the menu options doesn't seem to reapply the default message body.

NA should provide a way to restore the old report info. Or they should offer a way to change the default message body depending on the report you select.

Here's what I needed to repaste into the message body:

<hr><br><a name="$EventID$"></a>Device configuration change on $HostName$ by $EventUserName$ at <i>$EventDate$</i><p>$EventText$</p><br><pre>$Comments$<br><b><u>Configuration Diff</u></b><br>$Diff$</pre><br><a href="$AppURL$device.config.detail.htm?deviceID=$DeviceID$&deviceDataID=$DataID$">View Configuration</a><br>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Go to "Admin" -> "Event Notification and Response Rules"

Create a new rule

Name the rule "Report Configuration Change - Digest"

Select "Send Email Digest" in the "to take this action:" dropdown

Select "Device Configuration Change" in the "when the following events occur" listbox

Make the rule Active

(optional - select subgroups etc or leave blank for all)

Add the email recipient

Add the subject line " Device Change Report"

Then add the time that the digest will go out and save the new rule

You will now have the report back in place.

Kind Regards,
Ben Duncan
HP NA Escalation Group
HP TSG BSA
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Recreating the report from the menu options doesn't seem to reapply the default message body.

NA should provide a way to restore the old report info. Or they should offer a way to change the default message body depending on the report you select.

Here's what I needed to repaste into the message body:

<hr><br><a name="$EventID$"></a>Device configuration change on $HostName$ by $EventUserName$ at <i>$EventDate$</i><p>$EventText$</p><br><pre>$Comments$<br><b><u>Configuration Diff</u></b><br>$Diff$</pre><br><a href="$AppURL$device.config.detail.htm?deviceID=$DeviceID$&deviceDataID=$DataID$">View Configuration</a><br>

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.