Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

NA Disaster Recovery Initial Setup - "list core" command.

Jump to solution

Working on setting up NA  for DR as per my previous discussions. Now I'm to the point in the  10.40 Administer Guide to "Set up disaster recovery" pg 288 .   Task 3 ( of 4 ) says to:

5. Deactivate the NA cores in the disaster recovery location.

1. Connect as an NA administrator to the NA proxy on one of the NA cores in the disaster recovery      location.
    2. Run the following command:
list core
    3. From the list core command output, determine the core IDs of the new NA cores, and then run the following command for each of these core IDs:
set core status -status inactive -coreid <coreid>

6. Stop all NA services on all NA cores in the disaster recovery location.

I can't find the "list" command anywhere under /opt/NA on either my NA1 or NA2 ( DR) servers. 

can list the cores if I use the GUI interface but I don't see how to "inactive" it from there.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

wbrunc

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: NA Disaster Recovery Initial Setup - "list core" command.

Jump to solution

Hi,

OK, perhaps odd question but need to ask - have you logged into the NA Proxy?  Or are you looking in the Web UI or the server OS?  

In the terminal window, do you see something like:

NA Login: PeterGibbons@Initech
Password:

Network Automation Version 2019.05

Type "HELP connect" to see how to connect to a device.
Type "HELP" to view a list of available commands.

NA>list core
200 OK: Generic Succeeded
+---------+-----------+------------+---------------------------+
| Core ID | Core Name | Host Name | Status |
| 1 | Core 1 | 127.0.0.1 | Running: Fully functional |
| 2 | Core 2 | 255.255.255.255 | Running: Fully functional |
COMMAND COMPLETED
NA>

The NA Proxy is going to be your new BFF!  

ssh NA_Core_IP / port 8022 (or whatever you may have set it to be).  

telnet might work for you too, just tack 80 to the beginning if you aren't using the default port.  

Don't know what port(s) you are using with NA - no worries, go here:

https://yourNACore/admin.do?page=Telnet/SSH

Scroll most of the way down and you'll see two sections called Telnet Server and SSH Server - there you will see the ports NA is using for the proxy.  

Depending on what has been done with NA, you might be able to use the built in connection - look near the search for drop down box, you'll see a terminal - click that - if it doesn't work, let's put this on the back burner until we get your issue taken care of - just use putty or secure crt or whatever term pgm you use - just make sure you specify the different port or you'll just get dumped into the OS.  

Putty 101:

use the "?" if you aren't sure of something - what commands you can do, what the syntax is for a command, etc.  

Also, bookmark this:

https://someNACore/tcdocs/cli_reference.html

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution
Hi,
Login to NA console by using nauser admin credentials and try to connect to any device through SSH and provide credentials and exit.Post exit it will go to NA prompt where you can run list core command other set of commands which can be run NA prompt.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

OK, perhaps odd question but need to ask - have you logged into the NA Proxy?  Or are you looking in the Web UI or the server OS?  

In the terminal window, do you see something like:

NA Login: PeterGibbons@Initech
Password:

Network Automation Version 2019.05

Type "HELP connect" to see how to connect to a device.
Type "HELP" to view a list of available commands.

NA>list core
200 OK: Generic Succeeded
| Core ID | Core Name | Host Name | Status |
| 1 | Core 1 | 127.0.0.1 | Running: Fully functional |
| 2 | Core 2 | 255.255.255.255 | Running: Fully functional |
COMMAND COMPLETED
NA>

The NA Proxy is going to be your new BFF!  

ssh NA_Core_IP / port 8022 (or whatever you may have set it to be).  

telnet might work for you too, just tack 80 to the beginning if you aren't using the default port.  

Don't know what port(s) you are using with NA - no worries, go here:

https://yourNACore/admin.do?page=Telnet/SSH

Scroll most of the way down and you'll see two sections called Telnet Server and SSH Server - there you will see the ports NA is using for the proxy.  

Depending on what has been done with NA, you might be able to use the built in connection - look near the search for drop down box, you'll see a terminal - click that - if it doesn't work, let's put this on the back burner until we get your issue taken care of - just use putty or secure crt or whatever term pgm you use - just make sure you specify the different port or you'll just get dumped into the OS.  

Putty 101:

use the "?" if you aren't sure of something - what commands you can do, what the syntax is for a command, etc.  

Also, bookmark this:

https://someNACore/tcdocs/cli_reference.html

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

As per Chris:

Depending on what has been done with NA, you might be able to use the built in connection - look near the search for drop down box, you'll see a terminal - click that

That was the info that worked.  But first,  I had to get the networking guy to open up port 8022. Once he did that , I clicked on the "terminal" in the GUI, the "NA Proxy Interface" came up.  I was able to login and ( per pg 288 of the 10.40 Admin Guide) :

set core status status inactive coreid 2         ( my DR NA server ) 

The GUI  "list cores" also verified that  coreid 2 is now inactive 

Now onto pg 288 of the 10.40 Admin Guide "Files to synchronize across NA Cores" .

Thanks again for the answers. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Cool, glad that helped.

One more thing, but not required...
If you / users there are going to use the terminal icon / button, I'd really suggest changing is what is used when someone clicks on the button.
The default is the built-in client and I don't think anyone enjoys that. If you don't want users to use this function, just leave it with the default.
But if you want users to enjoy the proxy, change it...
Go to Admin / Administrative Tools / Telnet/SSH tab and scroll down to Telnet Client.
I prefer the middle option and that will dump you into the proxy and you can then decide what you want to do. Or, the second and that will "connect" you to a device.

Also, if you go the non integrated option, you may want to look at these links to log in you - handy if you end up being a heavy proxy user:
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-pageant-to-streamline-ssh-key-authentication-with-putty
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-create-ssh-keys-with-putty-to-connect-to-a-vps

-Chris
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.