Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Upgrading NA to 10.x

Jump to solution

Hello Forum,

We are planning to upgrade HP NA from version 9 to version 10 on linux environment, what are the best practices to follow, what are the system requirements and how to take backup of existing data, if something goes wrong in the middle of process, how to revert back.

Thanks,

Trim

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Hi Trim

Usually I hate palming off to manuals, but the Support Matrix and Upgrade/Installation guide should give you everything you need to check on the requirements and upgrade steps.

As there is a DB schema update involved, I would ensure that you have a complete backup of the NA server filesystem as well as the DB.

Most importantly, do a backup restore test before upgrading. One of the most common issues I see is restores not working properly in the event of an error.

Finally, always do this on your identical non-production system first, before moving to upgrade production.

Hope this helps!

Greg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Hi Trim

Usually I hate palming off to manuals, but the Support Matrix and Upgrade/Installation guide should give you everything you need to check on the requirements and upgrade steps.

As there is a DB schema update involved, I would ensure that you have a complete backup of the NA server filesystem as well as the DB.

Most importantly, do a backup restore test before upgrading. One of the most common issues I see is restores not working properly in the event of an error.

Finally, always do this on your identical non-production system first, before moving to upgrade production.

Hope this helps!

Greg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello Trimuk,

Thanks for your question. Please find attached the Support Matrix for Version  10.0. Also the release notes, there you can find what's new on the version 10.0

Please take in mind that NA 10.0 use a different license than version 9.X.

Also, please find attached the Upgrade guide.

I hope that information can help you.

Thanks

Regards,
Allan Linkemer Chacon|SW Technical Support Consultant.
Network Automation
Mail | allan.linkemer.chacon@hp.com
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thank you very much.

I will follow the steps you mentioned.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thanks to all.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.