Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

q: How can resource identity pools be configured/used?

Jump to solution

Hi Folks

I found the NA 10 function "Resource Identity Manager" and wanted to test it in lab, to see how it could be used in production.

Can someone explain me that feature and give a configuration example for it, so that I understand what HP means with a resource identity?

I already read the help, but that was useless since it was describing something like "the earth is a ball and not a plate"...

Thanks for any help in that.

Regards,

Simon

If this post was useful to you, please hit the like button and may accept it as solution. Thank you 🙂

https://anywebtech.wordpress.com/
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your question,

This option is going to allow you to have an inventory about some components in your network (virtual machines, IP addresses, and some other which are mentioned in the document). For example, let's say that you have a pool of interfaces where some of them are being used by your company and the other amount of interfaces are not. So you can establish the interfaces or IP addresses as used and the others as available, once that you start to use some interfaces wiht a "available" status you can change its confition from "available" to used.

Hope this information helps you,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your question,

This option is going to allow you to have an inventory about some components in your network (virtual machines, IP addresses, and some other which are mentioned in the document). For example, let's say that you have a pool of interfaces where some of them are being used by your company and the other amount of interfaces are not. So you can establish the interfaces or IP addresses as used and the others as available, once that you start to use some interfaces wiht a "available" status you can change its confition from "available" to used.

Hope this information helps you,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hello NNMVins

Thank you for your response.

As I understood your post, I have to configure those pools on my own, as well as the states like "available" or "used".

There is no automatic function, which parses the configurations to check whether some interfaces or IP addresses are being used?

If there is no such automatic function, it's unclear to me, what the benefits of other methods of documentation should be.

Best Regards,

Simon

If this post was useful to you, please hit the like button and may accept it as solution. Thank you 🙂

https://anywebtech.wordpress.com/
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Simon,

While there is no automation OOTB, there are opportunities to implement it.

You can use the NA API calls for RIM to orchestrate (via advanced scripts for example) a number of usecases.

A combination of api calls (like list ip, list ip all, list topology ip) to retrieve device parsed NA data,

and RIM api calls (like "add resource id") to automate population of the pools with the proper items and attributes.

Kind regards,

Marius Herculea
HP SW Technical Consultant

Cloud and Automation Professional Services

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Maybe this resource will help you: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Service-Management-BAC/How-to-effectively-manage-network-resources-with-HP-Network/ba-p/6743389

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Fabric Path IDs

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.