Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Established Member.. Amrita_priya
Established Member..

AF cluster secondary server STOP_FAILED

Hi Community,

I am facing issue in starting Application failover cluster.

For secondary server it is saying STOP_FAIL:ED.

Please suggest, attached is the output of nnmcluster -display.

Regards,

Amrita

0 Likes
1 Reply
Dave Young Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: AF cluster secondary server STOP_FAILED

Amrita,

Firstly I would check out the nnmcluster-history.log file to see what the previous states were to see how NNMi ended up in this state.   As a guess it looks like the standby may have received a new DB backup, tried to stop the running DB, failed to stop, and is now trying to start the DB back up to get into a normal situation. 

However, knowledge of the state changes leading up to this situation and then a review of the various log files ( postgres, cluster etc ) may throw some light on this.

I would suggest opening a case with HPE Support and work with them to analyse the logs and restart the standby.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.