ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Additional nodes for Node Group

Jump to solution

Dear Experts ,

I am using NNM 9.20 . I have nodes for which i need to craete a node group . I cant do it using their host names since all are of different format . Even i cant do by IP Address .

I want to assign nodes to a node group using additional nodes option of node group .

Since the no of node is 900+ , is there any command to add bulk nodes to a node group  ?

Kindly suggest .

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Vasan,

What i meant is used the additional filers on the given nnmloadnodegroup.ovpl , you could see the Additional Nodes Optional supported by this command. Specify a list of specific node hostnames you want added to this Node Group, separated by a semicolon ";". More optional, Specify a list of Security-Group, Tenant propreties that you want to add to this node-group.....

After importing, these specifications appear on the Additional Nodes tab of the Node Group form.

I also prefered to use the Additional Nodes tab on the Node Group form to add a list of specific nodes ( ranges of IP addresses) to this Node Group. However, this way will directly add nodes with default tenant.

NNMi provides the helpful command line tool, nnmsecurity.ovpl

C:\>nnmsecurity.ovpl -assignNodeToTenant -tenant tenantname -node node_name

Tenant may also be refered to as a customer or an organization. Tenants are not Security Groups but they can be used in conjunction with Security Groups. A Tenant can have an Initial Discovery Security Group assigned to it. When discovering a node into NNMi using a seed, you can specify the Tenant assignment. This means that if a node is discovered with a Tenant assigned, it can automatically be assigned into a Security Group. Thus, there is never a risk of accidentally having nodes visible to operators that are not supposed to see those nodes.

Best Regards,
Dong
HP Support
IF this or any post resolves your issue, Plz be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
To show your appreciation, click KUDOS !!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Vasan,

In case, i would suggest to us the nnmloadnodegroups.ovpl — script to load Node Group definitions from a comma-separated values (CSV) file.

You will need to create the Syntax of Comma-Separated File (csv file)

YOu could find those info from the reference page document which already attached on this.

Recommended read: Syntax of Comma-Separated File

Any Additional Nodes specified (column 6) are always included in the Node Group, regardless of any filters

Column 6(F) : Additional Nodes Optional. Specify a list of specific node hostnames you want added to this Node Group, separated by a semicolon ";" (After importing, these specifications appear on the Additional Nodes tab of the Node Group form.) The hostnames you provide must be the current value of the fully-qualified, case-sensitive Hostname attribute as it appears on the Node form. For example hostname1.x.y.z;hostname2.x.y.z;hostname3.x.y.z

Best Regards,
Dong
HP Support
IF this or any post resolves your issue, Plz be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Dear trinhdong ,

Thanks for concern .

I have used nnmloadnodegroup.ovpl command to create a new node group and assign additional node to it .I sucessfully done it .

As i said i need to add 900 + nodes to that node group  and  i dont think this way will not help me to do that.

Even i cant use additional filter . It failed to filter them .

So i got a solution is usage of  additional filers  and tenantName like tenatname .

But  during addition of nodes we directly added nodes without tenants .

So all nodes tenant name is Default Tenant .

Is there any command which will allow me to change nodes tenant name  in bulk ?

Please correct me if my idea is wrong ...

thanks ,

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi ,

I have used

And it worked . Is there any issues if change tenant name to custom name ?

Please suggest .

thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Vasan,

What i meant is used the additional filers on the given nnmloadnodegroup.ovpl , you could see the Additional Nodes Optional supported by this command. Specify a list of specific node hostnames you want added to this Node Group, separated by a semicolon ";". More optional, Specify a list of Security-Group, Tenant propreties that you want to add to this node-group.....

After importing, these specifications appear on the Additional Nodes tab of the Node Group form.

I also prefered to use the Additional Nodes tab on the Node Group form to add a list of specific nodes ( ranges of IP addresses) to this Node Group. However, this way will directly add nodes with default tenant.

NNMi provides the helpful command line tool, nnmsecurity.ovpl

Tenant may also be refered to as a customer or an organization. Tenants are not Security Groups but they can be used in conjunction with Security Groups. A Tenant can have an Initial Discovery Security Group assigned to it. When discovering a node into NNMi using a seed, you can specify the Tenant assignment. This means that if a node is discovered with a Tenant assigned, it can automatically be assigned into a Security Group. Thus, there is never a risk of accidentally having nodes visible to operators that are not supposed to see those nodes.

Best Regards,
Dong
HP Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.