Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Alerts to different email accounts

Jump to solution
Hi, I installed the version 9.10 of NNM. Before I had the 8.10

I have 6 groups of nodes created.
I need to set the events, so that they are sent to different email accounts according to each group of nodes.

I have it installed on windows.

as I can do?

Thank you very much.
Fabian
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain
Captain
Hi,

I would suggest you to call a script instead of directly launching email. This script would read a keyword corresponding to one of the six groups created and find to wich email account to send the mail by reading a configuration file you would have created.

Is my explanation clear for you ?
I've done this with perl and it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Captain
Captain
Hi,

I would suggest you to call a script instead of directly launching email. This script would read a keyword corresponding to one of the six groups created and find to wich email account to send the mail by reading a configuration file you would have created.

Is my explanation clear for you ?
I've done this with perl and it works fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member..
Onaam Hi, thanks for the reply.
I am using BLAT for sending mail now.

Keyword know that I can get the name of the group?

will have some example of how to do this scritp, and I'm not good programming.

Thanks.
Fabian.
0 Likes
Captain
Captain
here is an example to read a configuration file with perl :

"open(GRP,'<',$file_grp) || ExitLog("Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier $file_grp");
while () {
($Grp_Test,$objet,$email) = split(/\t/,$_) ;
# $appLogger->info("$GRP $Grp_Test");
if ( $Grp_Test eq $GRP ) { last ; }
if ($Grp_Test eq "FIN" ) { die("Erreur"); }
}
close(GRP);"

and of course you can use any keyword you want .. if you can get it in your event.

hope this helps.
0 Likes
Absent Member..
For all who want to do this, tell them that version 9.10 has this functionality.

If someone needs it, please consultenme, so I send some pictures of the screen where.
Greetings.
0 Likes
Absent Member..
In Configuration, Incidents, Managment event configuration, then, doble click on the event (example: Node Down).
Go to the tab NODE SETTING, NEW, choise 1 node group. if some event happens that group of nodes, the alert will be issued to configure the tab action.

attached image
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.