Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Any better way to move NNMi 10.1 to NNMi 2018.11 ?

Jump to solution

There is no direct path from NNMi 10.1 to NNMi 2018.11 as follows.

The NNMi migration paths from 10.1 to 2018.11.png

To reduce the operations and the time, can we create NNMi 2018.11 whose host name and IP address are the same as those of the existing NNMi 10.1's on the same VMware virtual machine and swap the old NNMi 10.1 for the new NNMi 2018.11 ?

If no, is there any good way from NNMi 10.1 to NNMi 2018.11 to minimize the operations and the time ?  

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Any better way to move NNMi 10.1 to NNMi 2018.11 ?

Jump to solution

Hello Yoshihiro,

yes, you can go directly to 2019.05, which was released this week. Please check https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2019.05/Upgrade

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Yoshihiro,

yes, you can go directly to 2019.05, which was released this week. Please check https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Network_Node_Manager_i:2019.05/Upgrade

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Allessandro

Thank you so much for your reply. I’d like to introduce 2019.05 to my NNMi customer after we ourselves try it.

By the way, do you plan to release the Japanese manual (PDF) ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Yoshihiro,

I am not an Micro Focus employee and I know nothing about a translation to Japanese, sorry.

But I guess you can place an idea at the NOM idea forum for that.

Best regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Allessandro

Thank you so much for your reply. And I'm sorry that I misunderstood you are a Micro Focus' employee.

Best Regards

Yoshihiro Watabe

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.