New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Automate Policy Export From NNMi To Ops Connector

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

Customer is maintaining only one NNMi Management Events Policy in Ops Connector and it has more than 800 Customized Rules.

Question is, whenever customer configures new trap he wants to have respective changes in the same NNMi Management Events Policy of Ops Connector. Any suggestions on this?

Does, exporting newly added OID’s with nnmopcexport to a new policy and then copying the contents of _data file of the new policy to current _data file Ops C NNMi Management Events Policy works?

Has anyone automated this? Or Any suggestions Please!!

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Missed to update.

Was able to develop script [Able to modify _data file, without any issue]

- Vidyasagar Machani -

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -- Benjamin Franklin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

I always use the option to generate separate policy files for different oids (e.g. one file for NNMi events, one file for Cisco events, one files for Brocade events, ...). So in OMi/OpcCx we have different and shorter policies and we can add "new" vendors or equipment easier. In general I do this at project beginning and request the customer to customize the policy from that point in OMi. A general question is if you really need every possible event from NNMi in OMi ....

HTH and best regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hi Allessandro,

As a part of assessment I had to attend customer call to review their environment. Have suggested them to use seperate policies based Vendor or whichever type suits the environment. But they dont want to go with that approach.

Hence asking if modifying _data file works or not.

- Vidyasagar Machani -

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Hello Vidyasagar,

ok. As I have no test environment here I cannot check if editing the _data file would work and as I described my way, I never needed to check, I cannot really help, sorry.

BR Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral

Missed to update.

Was able to develop script [Able to modify _data file, without any issue]

- Vidyasagar Machani -

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.