Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Automated Email Reports from NNMi

How to create auto email reports from NNMi containing the list of nodes currently being monitored in NNMi inventory. I want to automate this report and send it to management/NOC for their review on daily/weekly basis.

Your quick reponse is appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Automated Email Reports from NNMi

Hi,

you can try to dump nodes inventory and email it e.g.
nnmtopodump.ovpl -type node | grep -e "<shortname>"

regards

Gedas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

What abt the auto email function? Do I need to write an email script and put it in auto action or NNMi has built-in functionality that can send auto email?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Sure, scripting is required. 

Script can be trigered by cron job e.g.   dayly,  dump NNMI inventory, process output and create "inventory" file :

/opt/OV/bin/nnmtopodump.ovpl -type node  | grep -e ^"        <name>" | sed 's/<\/name>//g' |  sed 's/<name>//g' |  sed 's/ //g'  | sort >  nodes.list.txt

and forward it to your email client (mailx, blat etc.)

regards

Gedas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

NNMi has no build-in function to sent emails. You can do this with a tool like blat on Windows. NNMi delievers OVPerl and this contains a module for sending mail to a SMTP server (I think it is Net::SMTP and I use this as it is OS independant).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I use vbs script in Windows. Irrespective of server, it won't work unless you've got an SMTP relay system.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.