Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

BGP State

Hello,

We have NNMi 10.10. We've setup the custome poller for monitoring BGP.

temp1.jpg

Also, we've configured thresholds on the bgp state with incident being generated.

temp2.jpg

I'm having trouble finding a way to translate the bgp 'numaric' state into a textual state in the message of the incident.

For example, I want to use the word Down instead of 3 (or any number lower than 6).

Any suggestions?

Message Format from Event Configuration

temp3.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: BGP State

Hi Akuk,

As I know BGP state only have the numarical value and do not have the textual value on this configuration.  If this is really important for your company, I suggest you submit Enhancement request for this function. Kindly raise the new case if you need help on submit ER for this function.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Thanks

“Regards,

Nga Do Thi Tuyet | SW Technical Support
Network Node Manager
Hewlett-Packard (SSO Portal)

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.”
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

This is from the MIB Variables view (Configuration -> MIBs). This would't help?

temp2.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi AK,

If you were using this MIB variable in a trap message and it had been provided in a varbind then yes you could have used the function to map the value to the enumeration.  However the problem here is that the value is being displayed by Custom Poller (CP) and the value is in a CP CIA and is not being carried in the MIB variable.  Therefore the mapping function won't work.

As Nga mentioned this would be a very good Enhancement Request (ER) for the product where simple MIB variable monitoring could map the monitored value to its enumeration when displaying the incident.   It would be possible to enumerate the incident by running an action script from the incident, pass the values to it, determine the enumeration and then send a new trap back in with the enumerated values for display.   Its cumbersome but would work.   I created the following KCS document which has an example for Interface enrichment but the basic principle would be the same:

KM02678684

How can interface related traps be enriched from the database

All the best

Dave Y

Ps Please note the point about the script being unsupported and provided as an example of what can be done.

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.