Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
vergakis Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

CPU monitoring @ Cisco ASA 5585

Hi all,

in our network infrastructure we have a Cisco ASA 5585 (System Object ID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1199 & Device Profile:  
ciscoASA5585Ssp20sc) and we need to monitor its CPU.
For some reason NNMi recognises only the memory as node component and presents the relative Gauge.
Is CPU supported for this device or not?
In the Device Support Matrix we can see that "Basic IP Discovery & Monitoring" is supported.
Does this mean that CPU is supported?
And if not, is there a way that we can monitor the CPU of the Cisco ASA devices?

Thank you in advance,

Costas

0 Likes
3 Replies
Dave Young Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: CPU monitoring @ Cisco ASA 5585

Costas,

Which version of NNMi are you running?   I checked the 10.0 Device support matrix and you can see under the Node Sensor column the entry  "CM"   which means CPU and Memory.   So we believe that the CPU should be discovered.  The problem is that there are a number of cisco mibs that report CPU information, so I think the best thing to do is

1) to get an "nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl -T <device> .1.3"  output from the device
2) get the output from "nnmconfigpoll.ovpl -v <device>
3) provide the Device Profile that the device is associated with
4) open a support ticket

then we can check out what the device is reporting via its MIB and try to see where the issue is.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
vergakis Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Dave,

thank you for your response.

I opened a support ticket.

Best regards,

Costas

0 Likes
Rozza Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Costas

What did you get back from raising this ticket?  We're also not seeing the CPU stats specifically for ASA 5585.  they have just had a long over due code upgrade.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.