Highlighted
Visitor.

Can anyone advise how license in NNMi9 works? is it tied to IP of the host in which it is installed?

Jump to solution

Can anyone advise how license in NNMi9 works? is it tied to IP of the host in which it is installed? Will we be able to extract/obtain the license file in somepath or location in the host machine in which NNMi is installed ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Can anyone advise how license in NNMi9 works? is it tied to IP of the host in which it is instal

Jump to solution

Hi,

I moved licenses from one machine to another several few times. It works fine if IP address is the same. If IP address will change you have to migrate your licenses to a new IP address. It can be done in Entitlement portal ( entitlement.microfocus.com/mysoftware/index ) or  by Microfocus licensing support team.

regards

Gedas

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can anyone advise how license in NNMi9 works? is it tied to IP of the host in which it is instal

Jump to solution

Hi,

in all NNMi versions license is bound to server IP address. License in XML format is stored at /var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/conf/licensing/ , file LicFile.txt.
Hovever, if you want to backup licenses properly, I'd suggest to run license GUI tool, command is  "nnmlicense.ovpl  NNM - g"

regards,
Gedas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update Gedimanas , few continual questions .

If I extract/backup the license file LicFile.txt from "/var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/conf/licensing/ "  or by using GUI tool "nnmlicense.ovpl  NNM - g" , will I be able to use it again when there is a license issue in that machine or during another fresh install ? 

I am asking this since , the VM host in which we have NNMi 9 installed will be depreciated in few days , before that a snapshot, copy of all data would be taken and moved to a new hardware (since these are VM's) and then the current machine will be deprecated. In such scenario the IP address of the new host will change , so in that case will backing up the license and using it in the new hardware , will it work ?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

I moved licenses from one machine to another several few times. It works fine if IP address is the same. If IP address will change you have to migrate your licenses to a new IP address. It can be done in Entitlement portal ( entitlement.microfocus.com/mysoftware/index ) or  by Microfocus licensing support team.

regards

Gedas

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.