Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
AlbertP Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

ChassisWithBadPowerSupply on not present power supply

I have monitored a cisco switchs and I have obtained a ChassisWithBadPowerSupply error. Reviewing the detail and the snmp result I see NNM gives this error with the power supply which are absent. Is there any way to consider normal if the power supply is absent?

Chassis Detail

Physical Sensor (8): Switch 1 - Power Supply B = Critical, ...

I attach image with the result of mib browser about the power supply.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Vincent_M_NNM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ChassisWithBadPowerSupply on not present power supply

Hello AlbertP

Thanks for posting,

Network Node Manager displays the information that is being retrieving from the device. If under monitoring configuration you have enabled the chassis polling option, NNM will monitor each component on the device.

The status (normal, critical) will be set by the MIB that indicates the current status of the component to NNM. From NNM perspective, can you please share with me a screenshot of the components on the chassis  (open the node > ChassisTab > PhysicalSensors). Also you can open the power supplies and send me a screenshot of them too.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I have opened a case support but I attach you an screenshot of the chasis tab. I'm not sure about how can I open the power supplies to take the screenshot.

This switch can have one or two power supplies. In this case only have one and NNM create a critical alert because the second power supply is absent.

Regards.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Gediminas Daniu Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi, Albert

you can see power supplies  by double clicking on Chassis (on right side of your Chassi.png) and opening Physical Sensors tab . Alternatively - in  Inventory workspace -> Physical Sensors nad filter by  node name/IP.
How output of command:
 /opt/OV/bin/nnmstatuspoll.ovpl  -node  172,.16.7.20 | grep -i power
looks like?

my 2 cents
Gedas 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

I attach you the physical sensor tab screenshot.

The result of the command

nnmstatuspoll.ovpl  -node  172.16.7.20 | grep -i power
Policy: Cisco Entity Fru Control Power supply Monitoring
Object                    | powerSupply
Switch 3 - Power Supply A | 2 (Normal)
Switch 1 - Power Supply B | 1 (Critical)
Switch 2 - Power Supply B | 1 (Critical)
Switch 1 - Power Supply A | 2 (Normal)
Switch 3 - Power Supply B | 1 (Critical)
Switch 2 - Power Supply A | 2 (Normal)

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Gediminas Daniu Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi, Albert

it looks like  of power supply state MIB value notPresent(5) is mapped to "Critical" by NNMi.
The quick workaround could be to set "bad" power supplies to "Not monitored" in NNMi. Alternatively - ask Cisco adminsitrators if they can somehow deactivate or disable empty supplies slots (prevent NNMi to discover non-existing supplies)

Hope you'll get a better solution from Support.

regards,
Gedas

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Yesterday I solved the issue. I didn't want to disable the chassis to continue monitoring fan, power supplies present and other elements. In this switch there are a command to disable the power supply and this night we wanted to execute on one of this switch but yesterday I saw in NNM / Inventory / Physical Sensors you can unmanage only the power supply which are not present and continue monitoring the rest of elements. So I can control the elements monitored by NNM without execution of special command on switch.

Daniu, Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.