Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Checking Link aggregation status

Hello experts!

I'm trying to monitor a trunk between two Allied Telesis switches, but I am having some problems.

First, I have tried to find my devices (X900-24XS), but they're not in the data base. Ok, no problem, "Device profiles" and just add them using their sysObjectID. Now, how could I load the MIB, and link the device just created with its MIB?

Maybe that's not necessary, but NNM is not recognizing properly all the links (I have lldp activated) and I guess it could be a solution.

Other question, if I want to filter "Link aggregation interfaces" how do you specify the rule? Because (at least in Allied telesis) ifType is the same for static-aggregations and vlans.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have to add, I found which devices are supported on a page from HP (http://sg-pro-ovweb.austin.hp.com/nnm/NNM9.10/devicematrix.htm#devAllied%20Telesis) on 3rd November and they're not included. Anyway, I guess there will be any way to monitor these devices
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If they support SNMP and RFC standard or even non standard MIBs its very easy.

1.First thing you need to do is create device profiles for your missing device types. Go to the configuration workspace -> device profiles and click on new. Fill in the blanks with the chassis OID(s) or just a generic profile that terminates at the vendor's entperforse ID (ie 1.3.6.1.4.1.#) for all out of the box unsupported devices.

2. Determine based on the devices' software version and type which MIBs are applicable.

3. Load the vendor specific MIBs and configure the events for the severity based on your Tier 2 support desires. (http://www.oidview.com/mibs/detail.html  is where I'd go, Telesys's navigation leaves lots to be desired)

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.