Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Clear Layer 2 connection

Running 10.20 on Linux.  There is a layer 2 connection between two switches that has been removed.  The nodes show the interfaces down and I can't clear the connection out of the interfaces on each switch to bring the nodes back to normal status.  I've tried shutting down the interfaces and running configuration polls.  We don't have any forced polling setup so I'm not sure why the connection won't clear.

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Clear Layer 2 connection

Jeff,

The problem here is that connections tend to persist.   I would suggest using the connection editor and you should be able to configure it to remove the now non existent connection.  Once removed it should not come back.   Check out the online reference page for the command ( nnmconnedit.ovpl ) and the config file to provide to it.

Good luck

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Clear Layer 2 connection

Thank you Dave.  I tried that method, and the connections kept coming back.  For some reason the nodes themselves seemed to 'buggerd' so I took the extreme measure to delete and recreate the nodes.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.