Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Clearing Interface monitor settings

We populate an interface group with a custom attribute value for monitoring specifc connections.  If that connection is moved to another port and the custom attributes changed appropriately, the monitoring settings are not cleared.  The new interface is added to the group and starts monitoring, the old interface is removed from the interface group, but when I check monitoring settings it hasn't cleared and continues to poll thus sending the interface down event.  I've tried all combinations of rediscovery and I can't get the interface to clear the monitoring settings.

System is running 10.21 on Linux.

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Clearing Interface monitor settings

Hi Jeff,

Two quick suggestions:

1) Try unmanaging and then re managing the interface ( or the node )  Does this address the issue?

2) Restarting Ovjboss should fix the issue.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Hi Dave, yes I've tried changing management status on the interface and running status/configuration polls with each mode.  I'll give the ovjboss a try, but that seems to be an extreme action. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jeff,

Hopefully restarting jboss sorted the situation.  I have tested this out on my 10.20 P5 box and it seems to work as expected and as you hoped it would.   If I create an interface group based on a custom attribute value and then set that value on one interface and remove it from another I can see the polling policy switch between the two.  i.e the interface that had the CA removed was no longer polled - the default setting, and the one that had the CA added started to be polled.

If you are not seeing this then you might want to open a support case so that the situaiton can be looked at.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.