Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Clearing Minor Status

Good Day!

Referring to the sample node I attached, the node is currently yellow (which indicates that there's something wrong with the node --> noob here) and looking at the sample status, there was an interface down on the particular switch. tried shutting it down and undo shutdown the said interface and the problem still does not disappeear.

I want this node back to green. any suggestions?

Thank You!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Clearing Minor Status

Hello,

You could run "nnmsnmpwalk.ovpl  node-name interfaces" and check what is ifOperStatus for that interface (1-UP, 2-Down,etc).

If it is Down, then there is something wrong with SNMP agent on the device. If it is UP, you can try to unmanage the interface in NNMi UI, and then re-manage. After that either wait for next poll or do manual one.

Best regards,

Sergey Pankratov
NNMi Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HPE
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember
to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi there,

Further to Sergey's response.  If the Status of a Node is not Normal then you should be able to find a "Conclusion" in the Conclusions tab of the Node form.  This will tell you what is causing the non normal status.   If this refers to an interface down then check the interfaces and try to correct any that are wrong - using Sergey's suggestions.  If you are unable to clear the state, and the agent is responding correctly then you could run the following command which will reset the status of all the objects in the node:

nnmtwiddle.ovpl invoke com.hp.ov.nms.apa:service=NmsApa clearConclusionsAndStatusOnAllObjectsInNodeThenStatusPoll <node>

You will find this script in the support directory.   Note if you are on 10.10 or above then the jmx-console may not be available, use the document KM02054160  to enable it.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.. Regular Contributor..
Regular Contributor..

Hi Dave or Sergey,

I would like to ask what is the root cause of this issue ? Why NNM doesnt update its status automatically?

Is it due to large number of objects that being monitored or something stuck ?

Many Thanks for your response.

# Mario

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Mario,

Normally NNMi would update the state and then the status of the interface and node automatically.   Where this can fall down is if there is a problem with NNMi during the processing of a state change, or if the hornetqs are deleted while these update messages are in them.  In these sorts of situations the messages indicating the changes can get lost.  Normally the daily config check will reset things, however for any objects that are polled these normally get updated when they cycle through a down/up cycle - since statepoller normally only notifies APA when state changes, according to its understanding.

To look into you specific scenario in more detail I would suggest opening a case as we would need to review what NNMi has recorded and what the agent is reporting.  However to reset things then the steps would be

1) Cycle the interface through a down and up cycle with a status poll after each stage.  Ensure what is reported in the poll policy output is correct for the state of the interface  OR

2) Unmanage/manage the interface and then a status poll to check what the agent is reporting  OR

3) use the twiddle command to reset all the states and then perform a poll to set them to what is currently being reported.

I hope this helps

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.