Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Absent Member.. AKUK Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Clustered NNMi & Standalone iSPI Metrics

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have NNMi 10 installed on a Windows cluster. I want to install iSPIMetrics on a seprate standalone server.

In a standalone NNMi setup, I would run nnmenableperfspi.ovpl script and then install iSPI Metrics (on a seprate server).

Since I have NNMi on a cluster,

- do I need to run nnmenableperfspi.ovpl script on both NNMi servers?

- when I install iSPI Metrics, what should I Specify the path to iSPI Performance data files folder?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Walinton Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Clustered NNMi & Standalone iSPI Metrics

Jump to solution

Hello

Good luck tomorrow with the install, hopefully all will go well.

Really, after having NNMi installed and configured in Application Failover, and after having installed NPS, all that needs to be done is to run the Enablement Script on both NNMi cluster nodes. First on the Primary Active Server, then failover to the Secondary box and run it from there.

The rest is done automatically by the product (except that you enter the primary's shared drive into the NPS configuration, not the secondary's).

Regards

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

This information is documented in the iSPI Performance for Metrics (NPS) Installation Guide (For NPS 10.00 it is a Web Based Installation Guide).

Open the Installation Guide and make the selections. It depends on whether NNMi is using Application Failover or High Availability type of cluster.

In the case that you're using Application Failover:

Yes, you have to run the script on both servers (failover from Active Server to Standby to run the script on the Standby server)

What will happen next is that the NPS server will constantly monitor the NNMi Cluster to determine what's the Active node and it will automatically reconfigure itself to look for the files in one or another NNMi server

Regards,

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

You need to run the nnmenablement script on each cluster member on the NNMi server side  and specify the path to the primary share on the NPS server side.

See in following document the details of what happens behind the scene when a failover occurs so that the NPS could automatically switch to the secondary share:

KM00573791: NNMi in Application Failover and NPS file sharing mechanism

All the best

Marie-Noelle

Micro Focus Customer Support

If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Absent Member.. AKUK Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The Web Based Installation Guide is really vague and does not explain in details regarding this specific scenario.

I'm going to do the installatio tomorrow and we'll see.

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello

Good luck tomorrow with the install, hopefully all will go well.

Really, after having NNMi installed and configured in Application Failover, and after having installed NPS, all that needs to be done is to run the Enablement Script on both NNMi cluster nodes. First on the Primary Active Server, then failover to the Secondary box and run it from there.

The rest is done automatically by the product (except that you enter the primary's shared drive into the NPS configuration, not the secondary's).

Regards

HP Support
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.