Contributor.. Marius Ene Contributor..
Contributor..

Command line to list all Management events and SNMPTraps with Actions defined

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to run a command that would list all the SNMP Trap Configurations and Management Event Configurations that have an Action defined. How can I achieve this?

Also a second question, for the items that can execute actions lets say SNMP traps, in order to enable Actions for many traps the only method is through the console, one by one?

Thanks,

Marius

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Command line to list all Management events and SNMPTraps with Actions defined

Jump to solution

Hello Marius,

please check the command nnmincidentcfgdump.ovpl for dealing with batch incident configurations.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. asoloperto Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Command line to list all Management events and SNMPTraps with Actions defined

Jump to solution

Hello Marius,

please check the command nnmincidentcfgdump.ovpl for dealing with batch incident configurations.

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

Contributor..

Jump to solution

Yes, this worked fine. It exported a text based file of about 20000 rows but it includes the configuration actions. Now I would need to parse the file using some regex.

Thank you for the solution.

0 Likes
Dave Young Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Marius,

Sorry for the late reply.  If you are looking to figure out which traps have an action script then the following sql can do this:

select name from nms_incident_config where actionconfiguration_id in ( select a.id from nms_action_config a, nms_action_command c where c.command is not null and a.enable ='t' and a.id = c.action_config ) ;

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. The previous answer worked for me. I havent tried your proposed solution yet, but it looks promising. I will give it a go next time.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.