Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Configuration Poll

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am getting "retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data" while configuration poll from the tool particularly for the device profiles "ciscoNexus". attached configpoll results.

I am using NNMi 9.10 patch level 4. due to this, i could not manage some of interface on these devices. Please help.

Regards,

Bebbu...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

For reports you can have NNM export the collection to a text file. From there the information can be imported into any other type of graphing software you want, including SiteScope to BSM where BSM does the graphing. Using the SiteScope to BSM method is FREE.

On Unix/Linux systems this is where the exported information is found.

/var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/databases/custompoller/export/final

Yes, the Cisco Nexus devices will respond to any of the bandwidth mib polls, so that won't be a problem. Those mibs can be found under Configuration>MIBs> MIB Expressions. One expression of interest would be IfHC%util as that one will work with the Nexus gear.

You mentioned that you were having issues managing some interfaces. My question to you was if you have a polling policy in place just for your Nexus gear? Not custom polling policy, but a monitoring policy.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

I have ciscoNexusC7010 and they do the same thing in my enviornement --  Example" 8/1/12 11:19:31 AM  Get IfaceStack retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data." It just means this type of device doesn't support what NNM is trying to collect.

To manage some of the interfaces, do you have a polling policy in place for a CiscoNexus group?

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks a lot David, Ya.. I have enabled custom poll policy to identify the BW utilization of the interface. even though i have no options for reports, will mib's work for this? if so where can i find exact for these devices.

Regarsd,

Bebbu

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,

For reports you can have NNM export the collection to a text file. From there the information can be imported into any other type of graphing software you want, including SiteScope to BSM where BSM does the graphing. Using the SiteScope to BSM method is FREE.

On Unix/Linux systems this is where the exported information is found.

/var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/databases/custompoller/export/final

Yes, the Cisco Nexus devices will respond to any of the bandwidth mib polls, so that won't be a problem. Those mibs can be found under Configuration>MIBs> MIB Expressions. One expression of interest would be IfHC%util as that one will work with the Nexus gear.

You mentioned that you were having issues managing some interfaces. My question to you was if you have a polling policy in place just for your Nexus gear? Not custom polling policy, but a monitoring policy.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks David, I have no monitoring policy for these interfaces.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

@bebu wrote:

That may be one of the reasons why there is an issue monitoring some of the interfaces.  Consider creating a group, and join the Nexus gear to the group (Use the Additional Filters Tab do define members). Reference that group in Monitoring Configuration>Node Settings. In that form create a new polling policy and reference the Nexus group. Check the "Poll Unconnected Interfaces" as well as any other Fault monitoring you would like to do with that group.  Save and Close the form, and be prepared for NNM to monitor all the interfaces on the Nexus group.

Best Regards,

David

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

@David Campeau wrote:

@bebu wrote:

That may be one of the reasons why there is an issue monitoring some of the interfaces.  Consider creating a group, and join the Nexus gear to the group (Use the Additional Filters Tab do define members). Reference that group in Monitoring Configuration>Node Settings. In that form create a new polling policy and reference the Nexus group. Check the "Poll Unconnected Interfaces" as well as any other Fault monitoring you would like to do with that group.  Save and Close the form, and be prepared for NNM to monitor all the interfaces on the Nexus group.

Best Regards,

David

Thanks David, I am in need of monitoring BGP, EIGRP and OSPF status change alert on these Nexus devices, I could not find any MIB's pre-loaded for these protocols in NNMi, Where could I find these MIB's.

Also, I have  nortelBaystack5520  devices in my tool, I face same problem on these devices too. i am getting "retrieved no data because this device does not support a way of collecting data.
I found No MIB's over Nortel. Please help.

Regards,

Bebu

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Since it is a new line of questioning I recommend starting a new thread for BGP, EIGRP etc.

I do monitor for BGP status changes, and would be willing to share how it is done in a new thread.

Best Regards,

David

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks David, Ya,Lets start new one.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.