Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Configuration imitation to other servers

Hey resolvers,

I am trying to get a new NNM 10.4 i on.  The configuration I have to copy from older 9.x i  is huge. Has anybody  uploaded these to 10.4 from earlier version by way of configexport.ovpl or any other means? The guide has procedure where you can have Windows upgrade followed by NNM. I am on a new server already. Any suggestions welcome.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Configuration imitation to other servers

Cant do safely. You'll need to install a 9X, and upgrade as there are too many changes between the versions.. 

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,
there is too big gap between 6-7 years old NNMi 9.x  and latest 10.40. Products are quite different. Configuration export and import in XML will not work.  The best option is to install new 9.0, import configuration from old 9.x, upgradde to 10.0 then 10.20 and then to 10.40 (direct upggarde 9.0  to 10.40 is not possible). Then you'll  get NNMi  9 configuration on 10.40

regards
Gedas

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Yes, that's how the directions say in guide. Was just ascertaining there is no other way. Thanks you both! 

Guess there is no other way than sweating over those configurations one by one 😞

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.