Connected interface polling
I would like to get one of my question answered. I have enabled polling for connected interfaces and the topoloy map shows link between the devices are normal.
What will happen if physical link between the devices is removed? will NNMi will un-manage those link or it shows as critical down?
Re: Connected interface polling
If physical link will be removed intentionally, there is no critical incident of connection, but only connection become "Disable".
(IfAdminState = down)
If physical link would be brokent unintentionally, there is critical incident of connection.
(IfAdminState = up, IfOperState = down)
The diffirence between two cases is value of IfOperState and IfAdminState.
This is extraction from Causal Analysis for your reference:
Connections are Layer 2 physical connections and Layer 3 network connections. NNMi discovers
connection information by reading forwarding database (FDB) tables from other network devices and
by using devices that support discovery protocols such as Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) and Extreme
Discovery Protocol (EDP). NNMi reports the Status of a connection as follows:
• Unknown – Indicates all endpoints of the connection have Unknown Status.
• Disabled – Indicates one endpoint of the connection is disabled.
• Critical– Indicates all endpoints are operationally down.
• Minor – Indicates one endpoint is down.
• Warning – Indicates endpoints have unknown and non-critical Status.
• Normal – Indicates all endpoints are operationally up.
• No Status – Indicates all endpoint are not polled.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.