Captain
Captain

Correct NNMi to use ifHighSpeed on discovered node

Jump to solution

Hello, Wondering if anyone else had had a similar issue and if they have resolved it. I have one particular node (Cisco ASR9922 at IOS-XR 6.6.3) that has been discovered and NNMi has resolved to use the ifSpeed metric instead of ifHighSpeed for this node.

It knows about ifHighSpeed for this node, it records the interfaces correctly but the internal interface speed is still trying to use the incorrect value from ifSpeed (4294967295) instead of the 10G+ from ifHighSpeed. This is causing a bit of issues with NPS now as the interfaces are coming up at well over 100% utilization. I have tried rediscovery of the node (but not deleting and adding it back). I do not wish to manually set interface speed for this entire node, All of our other ASR's seem to not have an issue.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain
Captain

I'll see myself out. Problem resolved itself over the weekend.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Captain
Captain

I'll see myself out. Problem resolved itself over the weekend.

View solution in original post

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

When interfaces table directs NNMi to use HighCounters, that might happen that the ifXTable is incomplete or incorrect. In that sad case the NNMi falls back to rfc1213. Probably, if you switch on deeper trace of logging you see that right at the statusPoll time. I may advise further if you collect and share two tables: interfaces, ifXTable.

BR,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.