New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Create MAP Filter

Hi Experts, 

I'm new to NNM node  and want to create a customized map using Map filter. I've opened the file \C\Filters but unable to add or delete or  modify or create new map filter in it. I don't know how to do it????

Moreover any one who can give me some example to create simple filter with simple IPs discovery 10.0.2.x 

Many thanks in advance and points after resolution :))) 😛

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Mehdi

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyone who can help me???????????????????

BR//Mehdi

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If you're using the more current versions of NNM  (aka NNMi 8.x-9.11 ther versions that dont go EOL in 2012) its not difficult. Just create a new node group  (configuration work space, node groups, add new) and specifiy the criteria that you want for membership.  The first tab is device filters where you can specify criteria based on what company made the device you interested in, its functionality (based on 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.7 - sysServices), its family (series of hardware) or specific hardware chassis type (aka sysoid). The second tab is where you can define more generalized membership criteria linked by boolean operators (Like, And , Not, Or) usually based on device configuration parameters (IP address, device name, location, etc), and the remaining tabs allow you to add in individual nodes if you dont want to or the logic available doesnt apply as well as define subordiation of that group to subsidiary node groups.

After you define the node group composed of the elements you want, you navigate to the Configuration work space and go to User Interface Node Group Map settings and add it to the list. You're done.

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Andy, 

Thank you so much for the reply. 

I've a NNM version 7.5.. 🙂

BR//Mehdi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.