Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Custom Incident Message

Jump to solution

Hi Experts;

I need to show custom message of High CPU incident.

The original message is: CPU on PRNDMZLB01 utilization is too high

We need to show the mesured value. I didn't find it in message variables.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Mostafa Elmahdy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Custom Incident Message

Jump to solution

Mostafa,

If you review the Custom Attributes tab in the Analysis pane of the displayed incident you will see all the variables that have been associated with the incident.  You can then use any of these, with a leading "$" in your event message.  So it could read something like:

CPU on PRNDMZLB01 utilization ($cia.custompoller.lastValue) is too high

where $cia.custompoller.lastValue is one of the variables provided by custompoller when a monitored value is above the configured threshold and is listed in the CA tab of the incident.

Hope this helps

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Mostafa,

If you review the Custom Attributes tab in the Analysis pane of the displayed incident you will see all the variables that have been associated with the incident.  You can then use any of these, with a leading "$" in your event message.  So it could read something like:

CPU on PRNDMZLB01 utilization ($cia.custompoller.lastValue) is too high

where $cia.custompoller.lastValue is one of the variables provided by custompoller when a monitored value is above the configured threshold and is listed in the CA tab of the incident.

Hope this helps

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Dave Y,

Thank you, it worked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Dave,

Another question regarding this subject,

Can we make an arithmatical calculations in Message format (Addition or Multiplying):

Ex: Value in Mbps = $measuredvalue / 1000

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

This is not possible.  What you would need to do is to make the expression calculate the value that you want and then reduce any threshold values appropriately if you are monitoring them.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.