Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Custom Poller does not set Status for new or reactivated actions

Hello,

a customer showed me, that a Custom Poller collection does not get a Status even after some time. We both are pretty sure, that this differs from previous versions. I reproduced this in our lab and can confirm the following (see screenshot):

CustomPoller_NoStatus.png

• New collections get a "State" of "Normal", but the "Status" is set to "No Status" (even after several polling cycles)
  • A restart of the NNMi processes sets the "Status" to "Normal"
  • I can reproduce the behaviour by setting the Custom Poller Policy to "Inactive" and then back to "Active"

Is this a known error or works this as designed?

Can someone confirm this in her/his environment?

Thanks and kind regards

Allessandro

env: NNMi 10.30.653, Windows, but even 10.10 on Windows

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Custom Poller does not set Status for new or reactivated actions

Allessandro,

I can see that we have this issue reported and being worked on at this time.   This is clearly not the correct behaviour and the collection should have Status set for it.   If you need a hotfix for this then I would suggest opening a support case and if you can provide the reference QCIM1B154213  the engineer will be able to notification as to when a fix becomes available and get it to you.

All the best

Dave Y

MicroFocus Support
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Custom Poller does not set Status for new or reactivated actions

Hello Dave,

thanks, I have opened a case.

Best regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.