Super Contributor.. rpd Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Custom Poller threshold/comparison map for positive/negative integers?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I wanted to get a confirmation of my findings that the custom poller threshold/comparison map
does not yet support positive and negative integers, at least on NNMi version 10.21.
Is that the case?
If so, any suggestions for work arounds?
I would like to monitor the Cisco entSensorValues of the "Transceiver Receive Power Sensor", where the values are
reported in dbm, with approximate high thresholds of +2, and low thresholds of -14.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Vincent_M_NNM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Custom Poller threshold/comparison map for positive/negative integers?

Jump to solution

Hello RPD

Thanks for posting,

Custom poller can handle both negative and possitive numbers. You can set the theshold as you need. Tool shall work under those values.

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Vincent_M_NNM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello RPD

Thanks for posting,

Custom poller can handle both negative and possitive numbers. You can set the theshold as you need. Tool shall work under those values.

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Vincent,

I will review my configuration and try it again.

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello Vincent,

I re-did my configuration, and positive and negative integers are indeed working, so thank you very much for your response!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.