Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Custom attributes in node group filter

Hi,

We use NNMi 9.01 and monitors several customers.

I have created 2 custom attribute pairs like:

Customer = <customer_name>

Location = <location_name>

I would like to create a node group that shows all nodes that belong to the cutomer <customer_name> and are located in <location_name>.

According to the documentation it seems impossible but I hope that there is a workaround.

Any help ?

Regards,

Marc

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Custom attributes in node group filter

Hi,

I'm not sure you can create 'dynamic groups' from the GUI where it will create how ever many node groups you have based on your various attributes, which I guess might be your end goal, but you can do that via the cli.

I'd do the node group filter as follows:

Configuration

Node Groups

Add new Node Group

Open 'additional filters' tab

Add an 'AND'

Add an attribute of 'customAttrName' set to = / like 'Customer'

Add an attribute of 'customAttrValue' set to = / like the value you want (e.g. *some customer*)

And you should get something that looks like:

AND

customAttrName = Customer
customAttrValue like *somebody*

You can use multiple customAttrName and Values together in your regex to achieve your desired effect. You could have all your locations under a customer by having child node groups if you wanted.

Hope that is some help?

Sean

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Custom attributes in node group filter

Hi sean farrow,

Can you share the example csv for the same 

Add a And 

Customer and location  along with nodegroup addition.

Thanks

Nithyaraj.E

Thanks& Regards
E.Nithyaraj.
If you can dream it, you can do it......
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.