Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Custom poller on Interface group

I want to monitor interface utilitzation on some interfaces. I have created the custom poller to create incident if if%util is higher 90%. My problem is define this custom poller only on some interfaces. I wanted to assign this custom poller on interface group but the custom poller is assigned on Node group.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Custom poller on Interface group

Hello,

as the usage of Interface Groups is not possible, you must use the instance filter (e.g. ifAlias like "*myIfAliasTag*" or ifDescr like "TenGiga*"). The filter variable must be related to the instances in the monitored MIB table (here ifEntry).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

We are monitoring 3rd party network devices. IfAlias or IfDescr are defined by this external customers, so we do not control it. It would be perfect to define the interfaces to monitoring the custom poller by NNMi configuration (as an interface group).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

What is the filter criteria in the Interface Group?

BR Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I use a custom attribute value to create the interface group. An example for this case could be create a custom attribute IfUtil90 with value 90 if I want to add an interface on a special interface group. Then assign this interface group on the custom poller created. On this way I can controll the interfaces I want to monitoring the interface utilization directly on NNMi.

I haven't said I'm using NNM version 10.00 on windows platform.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

OK, this is currently not possible as the Custom Attributes for interfaces are not used in Custom Poller.

Workaround for Incidents could be to poll all interfaces (perhaps filtered on admin state "up") and to use the Interface Group in the Incident Configuration with enrichment (e.g. email notification).

HTH and kind regards

Allessandro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I supose it could be asked as an enhancement because I think It has sense to filter custom poller on interface group and not by interface node.

Thanks for your support. I open another post about another problem with custom poller different on this.

Regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.