Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Deleting nodes from SNMP configuration but again coming back

Hi
I am new to NNM and using NNM 7.53 on HP ux . Today i deleted few nodes from SNMP configuration window then after some time I observed that the nodes that i removed from SNMP configuration again came back . I dont know why they are coming back . Could somebody help me out in this ?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi
you mean to say you tried to delete the nodes from NNM ? even then it appears ??

there could be many Mang servers which could automaticaly populates to NNM even tho the device is not live in network.

for example if the node is still marked as live in cramer (Accounting mang server) this would be dessigned in such a way that to populates any missing Live node again to NNM

Reason: NNM and Others mang server(Cramer) would be in synchronising....

Best Practise is to remove the device from cramer and then use the below command in NNM
ovtopofix -r < device name>
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No I am not trying to delete the node from NNM actually I am just trying to remove the entry for that node from SNMP configuration where community string,polling interval, retries and timeout is mentioned for the node but when i am deleting the entry of the node from snmp configuration after some time the node is again coming back with its community string in snmp configuartion window . I want to permanently remove the entry for the node from snmp conf .
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.