Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Devices Cards is showing no status

Hello ,

I can find in Inventrory alot of cards with no status, whyn NNMi  is not able to get the cards status

example cisco switch ws c2960 x 48FPD L  

0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Devices Cards is showing no status

1.  Are those objects managed?

2. Does the software support matrix show that they are supported?

3. Does the device software support supplying the status of the object via SNMP? 

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello Andy

yes those switches are managed via snmp v3, i cant find the switces c2960x in support matrix but they are added and working except cards status

they are the most common cisco switches so I think software should support them

which object you are asking about it's status ? do you mean certain OID?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

If the interfaces are not managed, you will not get status.  NNMI out of the box will only only automatically manage an interface if it can determine that it connects to another inventoried object (interface, port, subnet etc)

Have a nice day 🙂

Andy Kemp
I've lasted longer in the technology industry than most certifications.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello Andy

the interfaces are managed my issue is about the card tab  or through inventory --> cards

I can see most of cards have no status they are not managed OOB like other cards

I notice that routers cisco ISR 4331 have all it's card monitored with admin and opr status 

while cisco switches c2960x have all its cards not monitored with no status

Nexus switch and cores switches have some cards monitored while other are not

looking at online documents Card Form it mentioned that if only (IETF) ENTITY-MIB is supported then status will not be polled

but doesnt mention which mib is required or what I can do to get these cards monitored

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi

Please click on one card and click on configuration->monitoring settings and attach screenshot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello ramesh9

Here you are 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Hello guys,

I investigated more 

I can find that both devices which have cards showing status and not showing status are using same MIBs loaded in NNMi

supported by cisco 2960x
ios 15.2(2) E7

CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB
CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB
CISCO-ENTITY-VENDORTYPE-OID-MIB

ISR4451-X/K9

Version 15.4(3)S7
CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB -- not loaded
CISCO-ENTITY-EXT-MIB  -- not loaded
CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB
CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB
CISCO-ENTITY-VENDORTYPE-OID-MIB

as well i am not able to load those MIBs 

CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB -- not loaded
CISCO-ENTITY-EXT-MIB  -- not loaded

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

they give this error 

Could not load [CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB] MIB Module(s) from file user-snmp-mibs/CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB.mib at 4:06:57 PM: Failed to load MIB modules from [$NnmDataDir/shared/nnm/user-snmp-mibs/CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB.mib]: Problems were reported during parsing, unable to load requested MIBs. <br>ERROR : Cannot find imported symbol file:///$NnmDataDir/shared/nnm/user-snmp-mibs/CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB.mib:Line 30:Column 5:Unsigned32 in module file:///$NnmDataDir/shared/nnm/user-snmp-mibs/CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB.mib:Line 30:Column 46:CISCO-TC

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

loading Entity MIBs to NNMi server will help in enblin g of cards monitorong. NNMI has "knowledge" how to monitor cards out of the box. Entity MIBs must be available on managed devices  (e.g. seen in Capabilities tab in Node View).

my 2 cents,
Gedas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

In node view I can see entity,state for those devices giving cards status but for other there is only entity

but why I am not able to upload ENTITY ALARM MIB any reason for that?

how can I upload it?

thanks alot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi,

there is no need to load Entity MIB. But if you want to load  - you have to load prerequisite (parent) MIBs first . In you nnmloadmib.ovpl command output you can see that CISCO-TC MIB is missed (at least, could be more).

regards
Gedas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.