Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Does NNMi v10 support Red Hat 7?

Jump to solution

We are beginning plans for upgrading to v10.  We are on Red Hat 5 so we need to rebuild servers at the same time.  Red Hat 7 is out and our company is going to be rolling it out in the next couple of months.  We would like to go to the latest version so we are not behind the times from the beginning.  I see v10 supports v6.4 and newer but is that only in the Red Hat 6 chain?  I am hoping you come back with yes Red Hat 7 is supported.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Ed

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately NNM 10 does not support RedHat 7,

Supported Versions
Red Hat
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.4 (or later minor version)

Tip: Red Hat does not support direct upgrades from Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x to 6.0

I was looking under the support matrix updates and the only information that we have is related to the following:

NNMi 10.00 supports RHEL 6.5 (or later minor versions 6.6,6.7 etc); however, you must follow the installation prerequisites as mentioned in the 10.00 support matrix,

http://h20230.www2.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00891565/binar /nnmi_SupportMatrix_Update_10.00.htm#20141015-1

I hope this information helps you,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Ed

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately NNM 10 does not support RedHat 7,

Supported Versions
Red Hat
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.4 (or later minor version)

Tip: Red Hat does not support direct upgrades from Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.x to 6.0

I was looking under the support matrix updates and the only information that we have is related to the following:

NNMi 10.00 supports RHEL 6.5 (or later minor versions 6.6,6.7 etc); however, you must follow the installation prerequisites as mentioned in the 10.00 support matrix,

http://h20230.www2.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00891565/binar /nnmi_SupportMatrix_Update_10.00.htm#20141015-1

I hope this information helps you,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thank you.  That is unfortunate as we wanted to be at the latest version rather than do all of the work for an upgrade only to go to an older version of Red Hat.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Ed

Maybe if you open a Case requesting an ER for that version, the LAB can consider support that version,

Regards,

Vincent Montenegro Mena

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.