Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Does updating nnmaction.properties will resolve nnmaction process

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have an issue where NNMi action stops triggering bat scripts after some time. I don't see any issue on the script since after NNMi action service is restarted all works fine for some time. I could not find any pattern which is breaking this function. Is there a way to update fields inside nnmaction.properties to resolve the issue.

I got 2 options either I can increase the number of parallel execution from default 10 to a higher value or increase the JVM max memory from 30m to a higher value. Please suggest, this is impacting our requirement to forward alerts to 3rd party application.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Experts,

Please help. NNMi action process again stopped process new incident and I have to restart nnm action service to fix the issue.

Now I have changed the configuration from default values to new ones.

com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.numProcess=50

com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.jvmargs.minMemsize=-Xms6m
com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.jvmargs.maxMemsize=-Xmx60m

I am not sure whether it will fix the issue, but I will update this thread tomorrow or if the issue occurs again which one is earlier.

Regards,

Naresh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Anyone ever tried to modify nnmaction.properties file to fix the issue where NNMi suddenly stops triggering action for incidents?

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Experts,

Please help. NNMi action process again stopped process new incident and I have to restart nnm action service to fix the issue.

Now I have changed the configuration from default values to new ones.

com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.numProcess=50

com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.jvmargs.minMemsize=-Xms6m
com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.jvmargs.maxMemsize=-Xmx60m

I am not sure whether it will fix the issue, but I will update this thread tomorrow or if the issue occurs again which one is earlier.

Regards,

Naresh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi All,

Modifying the JVM value did solve the issue I had. If anyone had similar issue please update the JVM value to higher to fix the issue.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Hello nareshkumar1985.
I'm facing the same problem, could you please explain what exactly did to resolve the issue? I have already made some changes on the nnmaction.properties as you said but it only helps for a period of time and then the service fails.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Oscar Moreno.
0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi @morenosc ,

Could you please provide more information, whether the service is stopped after a while of execution or it runs but it does not process the new incidents in NNMi. If the service is still running but not processing the incidents then you need to check how many alerts are triggered during the issue time. In my instance, we generally get more than 30 incidents at a given point in time. Hence I increased the number of execution to higher value along with the JVM buffer values.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Hello, @nareshkumar1985.
Thanks for the response, the service normal y is running well and then suddenly it fails for any reason that we does not know yet. To Get back working fine I restar the service manually from the windows service since the NNMi belongs to a failover environment and it does not let me start agian as the "normal" way with ovstart nnmaction.
The tunibg on the settings seems to be all right after some change we have made.
Hope my explanation is good.

Regards.
Oscar Moreno.
0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi @morenosc ,

Is there any recent upgrade done for NNMi?  Could you please share nnmi action log, nnmincident log as well. Also please share the nnmaction.properties file as well.

Regards,

Naresh

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander

Hello @nareshkumar1985.
Indeed yes, we have made recently a few months ago an upgrade from NNMi 10.10 to NNMi 10.20, at the beginning everything was working well but after a month and a half it started with this failure.

I attached you the logs you requested, unfortunately for security reasons and for its content, I cannot share the nnmincidents log, sorry. But anyway it does not have any important information because the service has been working well the last days.

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Regards.

Oscar Moreno.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi @morenosc ,

I checked the logs and could you please update the nnmaction.properties as below,

com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.numProcess=5 to 10

com.hp.ov.nms.events.action.jvmargs.maxMemsize=-Xmx40m to -Xmx60m

Please do the update and restart nnmaction service alone using following command.

ovstop nnmaction

ovstart nnmaction

Regards,

Naresh

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.