Enhancement Request for NNMi 10.40
The problem with the current NNMI is :
- The notes field is optional when unmanaging a device and most users are leaving it blank.
- The security log files only show the name of the person that did the unmanage but give no reason.
- The NOC has no access to the security log files and are not going to make an interaction to request SMS to do a search each time there is an issue.
Request from Customer :
- This request to is to force users to enter a note each time they unmanage a device.
- If a user’s PIN can automatically be placed in the notes field at the same time that would be even better. If that is difficult then ask the user to use their PIN.
- The NOC want to be able to quickly see the reason a node was unmanaged and the person that did it.
- If there are already notes for a device that should not prevent NNMi from asking for a new explanation each time it changes status to unmanaged.
- There should be a pop-up asking for a reason and this should then be copied into the notes section.
- Validation should be done to confirm that at least 14 characters have been entered (CC plus 6 numbers and a 6 digit PIN) or else a full explanation.
Please help on this on a priority basis can it be possible to enhance the feature of NNMi already existing.
Re: Enhancement Request for NNMi 10.40
You need to log this request at the following site and not here.
The process is that others will then be able to vote on your idea and if it achieves a large enough number the product manager may then schedule the feature to be implemented. However there is no guarantee that every request will be possible to be implemented. The decision either way is then communicated back to you via an update on the request at the above site.
This process can take a while so it might be worth considering the workaround solution that we have proposed if this is an urgent requirement.
All the best
Viewed the Support tips? Search for "(NNMi) Support Tips" and order by Date to get the list
The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of MicroFocus
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.